More Details for Contractors
1.7 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer Qualifications: Manufacturer engaged in manufacture of tubular skylights for minimum of 10 years.
B. Installer Qualifications: Installer engaged in installation of tubular skylights for a minimum of 3 years.
1.8 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING.
A. Store products in manufacturer’s unopened packaging until ready for installation.
B. Protect materials from exposure to moisture. Do not deliver until after wet work is complete and dry.
C. Store materials in a dry, warm, ventilated weather tight location.
1.9 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by manufacturer for optimum results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside manufacturer’s absolute limits.
A. Tubular Skylights: Manufacturer’s standard warranty for 10 years on all component parts.
A. Coordinate Work with other operations and installation of roofing materials to avoid damage to installed materials.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Acceptable Manufacturer: Sun-Dome by Daylighting Technologies, Inc., located at 3612 Reese Avenue, Riviera Beach, FL 33404. Toll-Free: 800-596-8414, Local: 561-840-0095, Fax: 561-840-7606, website: www.sun-dome.com, email: email@example.com.
A. Tubular Skylights General
1. High-impact Polycarbonate Lexan dome installed with a breathable weather strip seal to control condensation problems.
2. Aluminum flashings provided to fit roof slopes correctly to allow collector dome to capture all available light by being installed upright and parallel to the ground.
3. Alanod Miro Silver, the top rated UV stable 98% reflective light pipe available.
4. Acrylic domed ceiling diffuser that seals tightly to ceiling surface to stop air leakage.
5. Suspended units in open areas are prismatic diffusers which are installed into the tube from the roof top directly through the flashing. This design eliminates the need to work inside of a building for diffuser installation.
B. Model sizes: 10″,13″ and 21″
1. Dome: 100 percent impact tested, UV stabilized polycarbonate GE Lexan with nominal thickness of 0.125 inches.
2. Roof Mount: Supplied with correct slope flashing from flat to 9/12 pitch to allow clear dome collector to be parallel to ground on sloped roof application to remove possibility of ridge shadow early morning and late afternoon. The barrel height may be changed.
3. Light Pipe: Alanod Miro Silver with high quality 0.020 inch thickness tubing which is UV stable and 98% reflective.
4. Diffuser: Domed GE Acrylic, with positive airtight styrene gasket seal applied directly to ceiling surface any air leakage in or out.
5. White Domed Translucent Diffuser or Prismatic (commercial).
6. Transition Troffer from round to square for grid type ceilings with prismatic pyramid diffuser with swing down frame for easy cleaning. The troffer is constructed of 0.040 inch aluminum sheet and interior prismatic diffuser sealed with a closed cell gasket to eliminate air and dirt intrusion and guard against condensation.
A. Light Pipe Elbows (angle adapters):Fabricated of Alanod Miro Silver, are fully adjustable from 0 to 30 degrees, to allow pipes to be routed around possible obstructions and to align tubes in suspended ceiling applications or other cases where straight pipes cannot be used.
B. Sun-Domeï¿½ transition troffer from round to square prismatic with a prismatic interior diffuser that is 23.750 x 23.750 (inches) fabricated of 0.040 inch aluminum. The lens panel is designed to swing open (downward) to allow for easy cleaning of the unit.
C. Eclypse dimmer comes as a finished assembly ready for installation with a 24 volt actuator motor 24 VAC. 60Hz 6W SPST Two Position, spring return, direct mount, w/ adjustable stop M847D1012. All electrical parts are UL approved.
D. Eclypse dimmer is supplied with wiring conduit and step down transformer mounted in a junction box using a PF42440 Packard Control transformer 24V 40VA 120/208/240V. Primary to be connected to 110/120 by others and may be wired in series. The switch is not included.
E. Additional Light Pipe Extensions: are supplied in lengths of 24 inches (610 mm) to achieve the correct distance from roof to ceiling or suspended height from floor.
F. Suggested Maximum Pipe Length: 10 tube:10-12 ft, 13 tube:14-16 ft, 21 tube:22-24 ft.
G. All external fasteners are stainless steel material to prevent rusting and corrosion.
H. Sealant: Polyurethane or copolymer based sealant as provided or recommended by manufacturer.
I. Curb caps available with 2/½ x 2/½ turn downs w/ boxed and riveted corners.
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. Do not begin installation until substrates have been properly prepared.
B. If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify architect of unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
A. Clean surfaces thoroughly prior to installation.
B. Prepare surfaces using the methods recommended by the manufacturer for achieving the best result for the substrate under the project conditions.
A. Install in accordance with Manufacturer’s printed instructions and CAD illustrations in accordance with the Architect specifications for the project.
B. After the initial installation please perform a field test to verify compliance with the Manufacturer installation instructions. This should be conducted in the presence of the owner, the architect, the contractor or a designated supervisor for a final approval.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
B. Inspect installed units for damage at completion of roof surface
Call Sun Dome of Arkansas today at (501) 620-4129.